Friday, April 8, 2016

Sample Library Fun Post 3 of 1

I have decided to give updates on my sample library project.  Partially because I really don't know what is going to come of it so even if it turns out to be a dead-end project with nothing impressive to show for it, at least I will have a record of the process and the discoveries and mistakes made along the way.

I had a second recording session with Tom Krumm today on violin.  I realized after our first session that I needed him to hold out the notes a lot longer.  While the recording went well, processing the samples was a nightmare this evening.  I decided to pitch correct everything before cutting up the samples and it was only after putting a ton of time into separating out each note that I noticed a frustrating glitch in Cubase's pitch correct system.  It did a fine job of correcting the notes themselves but did not shift the ringing of the note after the bow leaves the strings, resulting in an awkward (if subtle) pitch-bend at the end of each note.  Super frustrating because it is so time consuming to adjust the pitch manually which is my alternative option.

I will abandon this project for now and resume when I am less exhausted and discouraged.

Best,
Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment