Monday, April 25, 2016

Last Waltzdays

It is finally sinking in that I am moving out of Boston.  I played my final Waltzdays on Sunday (the monthly waltz event that I have been playing since January) and it was then that I began the process of saying good bye.  It is less than a week away that I will be moving back up to Maine and I will be trying to see as many of my Boston friends as I can before I go.  I am sad to be leaving friendships and the beginnings of friendships behind but I am glad that Boston has become a place that I will miss.  It is really the dance community that I fell in love with--not just contra, but blues, waltz and contact improv.

Warming up in the beginner lesson
I meant for this to be a longer post but I am feeling drained of creativity.  I guess I haven't written too much about Waltzdays in general, which is a shame because it has been such a wonderful musical outlet.  I need to start posting the dozen or so waltzes that I have written/adapted from film scores to my blog but for now I am going to say "good night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment