Friday, September 14, 2012

Cubase

I bought Cubase in preparation for my online course, Composition for Film and TV, with Berklee. It is not that different then Mixcraft except that it has a lot of nice tools and tons of features that have only aided and inspired my attempts at composition. The first piece I composed in Cubase during a wonderful spell of inspiration. It always seems to be that one moment of inspiration that I produce good work. I have hundreds of musical doodles, beginnings of compositions I will never finish. Yet the hours I spend producing nothing are worth it for the rare moments I do. (I feel like there is a quote out there that sums up what I am saying.) The important thing is that I can see my compositions improving and I am learning what conditions bring on those moments of artistic inspiration.

The second piece I composed a while ago. It is a collection of separate ideas partly to practice working with my virtual instrument libraries, getting the solo violin to sound realistic. The last idea is kind of a mock, Ed Howe, electric fiddle riff.

No comments:

Post a Comment